New / Remodel Plan Review EH Services (Guides & Applications)
Outside City Limits
All plumbing plans must be submitted as follows. Residents of Clay County (excluding those within Moorhead city limits) should call the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry at 651-284-5067 for more plumbing plan review information, or visit the Construction Codes and Licensing Division Engineering and Plumbing Unit in person at:
443 Lafayette Road N.
St. Paul, MN 55155
Within City Limits
Residents of the City of Moorhead (including only those within Moorhead city limits) should contact Moorhead Building Codes at 218-299-5424 for more information, or visit the Building Code Office in person at:
500 Center Ave.
Moorhead, MN 56560
A satisfactory plumbing inspection is necessary prior to licensing.
Download the Plan Review Process Flow for Food Service, Lodging, Camps, Mobile Home Parks
Plan Review Process Flow (PDF: 276.0 KB)
Food, Beverage and Lodging Services
Download the Food Service Construction Guide- provides guidance for new or remodeling of food or beverage service establishments.
Food Service Construction Guide (PDF: 1.1 MB)
Download the New Construction Food, Beverage and Lodging Plan Review Application- application for Food, Beverage and Lodging Services that are new construction.
Plan Review New Application (PDF: 152.1 KB)
Download the Remodel Food, Beverage and Lodging Service Plan Review Application- application for Food, Beverage or Lodging services undergoing remodeling.
Plan Review Remodel Application (PDF:152.1 KB)
Mobile Food / Food Stands
Download the Mobile Food Unit / Seasonal Food Stand Construction Guide
Mobile Food Construction Guide (PDF: 614.6 KB)
Download New or Remodel Mobile Food Unit / Seasonal Food Stand Plan Review Application
Mobile Home Park / Camping Services
Download Mobile Home Park / Recreational Camping Area Plan Review Information Guide
Mobile Home Park Plan Review Info (PDF: 49.6 KB)
Download the Mobile Home Park / Recreational Camping Area Plan Review Application
MHP / RCA Plan Review Application (PDF: 84.3 KB)
The applicant for a variance shall be the party to whom the rule applies.
- Using the Variance Request Form available from the Health Department, the requesting party shall submit the completed form with the appropriate fee. A request shall contain:
- The specified language in the rule or rules from which the variance is requested;
- The reasons why the rule cannot be met;
- The alternative measure that will be taken to ensure a comparable degree of protection to health or the environment if a variance is granted;
- The length of time for which the variance is requested;
- A statement that the party applying for the variance will comply with the terms of the variance, if granted; and
- Other relevant information the regulatory authority determines necessary to properly evaluate the request for the variance.
- The Health Department criteria will always be to have no adverse effect on public health, safety or the environment.
- Public Health Administrator
- Assistant County Attorney
- Planning Director
- Environmental Health Director
- Environmental Sanitarian
Download the Variance Request Application
Variance Request Application (PDF: 57.6)
Adobe and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.