1. Access

    Any work within the County Highway Right of Way requires a permit. This includes construction of any new Access Connection (driveway) or any change, alteration, modification or construction activity relating to an existing Access Connection.

  2. Harvest

    The harvest permit allows local farmers to haul up to 88,000 pounds on 5 axles during the time period of August 1 through November 30 only and for the following crops only: carrots, potatoes, and sugar beets.

  3. Moving

    The Clay County Highway Department requires moving permits to make over-dimensional moves on Clay County highways.

  4. Utility

    Anyone interested in installing, replacing or maintaining any utilities on a county right-of-way must be granted permission to do so and follow all requirements as set forth by the County Highway Engineer.