Food Service Forms
Active Managerial Control
The FDA defines Active Managerial Control as the purposeful incorporation of specific actions or procedures by industry management into the operation of the business to attain control over foodborne illness risk factors. It embodies a preventive rather than reactive approach to food safety. Having active managerial control includes having procedures in place for controlling identified foodborne illness risk factors through a continuous system of monitoring and verification. By putting in place an active, ongoing system, made up of actions intended to create the desired outcome, an establishment can achieve its goal of improving food safety.
Effective elements of a food safety management system should include:
- Certified food managers who have shown knowledge of food safety by passing an exam from an accredited program.
- Standard operating procedures (SOPs) for performing critical operation steps in a food preparation process. These include cooking, cooling, reheating processes.
- Purchase specifications and approved food sources.
- Equipment and physical facility design and maintenance.
- Knowledge of monitoring procedures.
- Proper record keeping.
- Employee health policy for restricting or excluding ill employees.
- Staff training.
- Continuous quality control.
- Implementation of Risk Control Plans (RCPs) that define procedures for controlling foodborne illness risk factors.
Download Food Service Forms
- Active Managerial Control (AMC) Checklist (Regular Establishments) - checklist for recording and maintaining active managerial control within food services. (PDF: 83.3 KB)
- AMC Checklist for Special Event Food Stands (PDF: 334.3 KB)
- Risk Control Plan - when an out of control risk factor is identiﬁed, the Risk Control Plan form is completed for the out of control risk factor to obtain long-term control. (PDF: 77.1 KB)
Download Recording Logs and Forms
Adobe and Acrobat are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.