Contacting an Inmate
Mail for inmates will only be accepted through the U.S. mail system and must be addressed as follows:
Inmate's Full Name
C/O Clay County Correctional Facility
800 9th St. N.
Moorhead, MN 56560
Regulations & Requirements
- All incoming and outgoing inmate mail is searched.
- All incoming mail must have a return address.
- Inmates are not allowed to receive books, magazines, puzzle books, etc. If any of these items are sent, they will be placed in the inmate’s personal property container until they are released from custody.
- Inmates are not allowed to receive newspaper / magazine clippings, contraband items, and Polaroid pictures, inappropriate or pornographic materials.
- Mail that is scented, including stamps / stickers, and / or has markings on the envelope will be placed in the inmate's personal property until they are released.
- Money may be mailed to inmates via money order. The Correctional Facility is not responsible for cash mailed to inmates.
Inmate Phone Information
Reliance is the Correctional Facility's contract telephone service provider. Reliance provides telephone, text messaging and visitation services for our inmates. Each inmate is provided an initial free telephone call at the time they are booked into our facility. All subsequent non-professional calls are fee based. Questions about billing or connectivity issues should be addressed to the Reliance phone provider.
Inmates are generally able to place telephone calls between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 10:15 p.m. daily. All calls from the Correctional Facility will be preceded by a recorded message containing details on how to accept or decline a message. You will not be connected to an inmate until you have taken a positive action to accept the call.
Free Inmate Voice Message System
Inmates have access to the telephones to check for voice messages daily. The number to call is 218-303-1674.
Phone time - if you wish to purchase phone time for an inmate, contact Reliance Telephone at www.reliancetelephone.com or call 800-896-3201. An inmate may also purchase phone time through the Correctional Facility's commissary system if they have available funds.
Collect calls - to guarantee collect calls from an inmate to your home or cell phone, you will need to contact Reliance Telephone to set up an account.
Texting - an inmate can request to rent a Texting Device. The inmate is assigned a phone number to send text messages to friends or family. Visit www.reliancetelephone.com.
If you receive an unwanted call from an inmate, consider the following options for blocking the call:
- Follow the telephone prompts when you receive the call to block all future calls.
- Contact the Sergeant on duty at 218-299-5163.