Enhanced / REAL ID

After Oct. 1, 2020, a REAL ID, Enhanced Driver's License, ID or Passport will be required for those wanting to board domestic flights or enter federal facilities.

To learn more about what is needed for the REAL or Enhanced ID, view the State of MN Driver and Vehicle Services website.

If you are doing a name change or have had a name change in the past, you must change your Social Security Card first and wait at least 24 hours before going to the Department of Motor Vehicles Office to change your credential. (Credential means the current card you have - Driver's License, ID, Instruction Permit, etc.)