COVID-19 Testing Opportunities
Free Community Test Site
Available to all MN & ND Residents
- Rapid Test (Antigen Test - Nasal Swab)
- Saliva Test (PCR Test)
- Test-to-Treat (Antiviral Medication, see below for details)
Walk-ins are welcome, but scheduling an appointment is strongly encouraged: Schedule an Appointment
Test-to-Treat (Free Antiviral Medication)
- If you test positive for COVID-19 from a rapid test, you can be evaluated on site by a clinician and may be given a prescription for the antiviral medication, Paxlovid.
- Only patients deemed high risk by the clinician will receive a prescription for Paxlovid.
- COVID-19 therapeutics are not right for everyone, but they can reduce severe illness or risk of hospitalization among patients who are unvaccinated, elderly, or have other risk factors.
- Click here to learn more about COVID-19 medication.
Rapid Antigen Tests and Saliva PCR Tests:
- Rapid test results will be available within 3 hours of processing.
- Saliva PCR Test Results will be provided via email approximately 24-72 hours.
- Testing is made available through a partnership between the State of Minnesota and Vault Health.
Free At Home Test Kits in the Mail:
At Home Test Kits for Minnesota Residents
At Home Test Kits for US Residents including Minnesota
Health System Testing
Area health systems continue to conduct COVID-19 testing for individuals who meet their screening criteria. Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for guidance prior to going to a clinic or office.
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Hotline 1-833-494-0836 or start an e-visit online at www.essentiahealth.org/COVID-19.
- Sanford Health701-234-5000 for 'My Sanford Nurse' or start an e-visit online at www.sanfordhealth.org/campaign/covid19-care.