Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Department of Public Safety and the National Weather Service will be promoting general weather safety and emergency preparedness to Minnesotans during April 12 – 16 for Severe Weather Awareness Week.
• Hold preparedness seminars. • Consult with local businesses.
• Host a preparedness and health fair.
• Start a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
• Meet with homeowners associations.
• Post newsletter, social media and website articles with preparedness tips.
• Encourage others to know how to contact their county emergency manager.
More information about these emergency preparedness steps is provided on the HSEM Weather Safety and National Weather Service websites.
General, all-hazards emergency preparedness best practices for businesses, communities, individuals
and families can be found on this HSEM website.