Promote Emergency Preparedness in Your Community
- Hold preparedness seminars. • Consult with local businesses.
- Host a preparedness and health fair.
- Start a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Meet with homeowners associations.
- Post newsletter, social media and website articles with preparedness tips.
- Encourage others to know how to contact their county emergency manager.
- More information about these emergency preparedness steps is provided on the HSEM Weather Safety and National Weather Service websites.
General, all-hazards emergency preparedness best practices for businesses, communities, individuals and families can be found on this HSEM website.