Date Posted: On-Going
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Starting Salary Range
- $21.50- $24.52 per hour -Negotiable with experience and qualifications
- One-year certification from a college or tech school in Heavy Equipment Operation; or an equivalent of education and experience.
- 1-3 years previous work experience.
- Class B Commercial Driver’s license with Air Brake Endorsement
- Ability to successfully complete a background investigation
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment.
Duties and Essential Functions
The listed examples may not include all the duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Plows snow off roadways using front-end loaders and tractors
- Applies salt and sand to roadways
- Perform preventive maintenance on plow truck
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate heavy equipment including tandem axle end dumps, skid steers, front-end loaders and tractors to spread gravel, load trucks and haul materials.
- Day to day inspection and routine repair of equipment.
- Maintain roads by patching holes, repairing shoulders and distributing liquid asphalt.
- Spray weeds, cut brush and trees near bridges and on the right of way in drift prone areas.
- Other duties as assigned.