Full-Time Deputy Sheriff
Date Posted: 6/6/2022
Application Deadline: 6/24/2022 by 4:30 PM
Starting Salary Range
$28.23 to $30.34 per hour depending on qualifications and experience
This position will also be eligible for Clay County’s benefit package, along with opportunities for career development and personal growth.
This position is eligible for membership in the union.
- A.A. Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement
- Must have a current P.O.S.T. License or eligible to be licensed by 10/1/2022
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully complete a background investigation, physical examination, and psychological examination
To be Considered for the Position, Submit these materials
- A legible photocopy of your Minnesota P.O.S.T. License or eligibility letter from Minnesota P.O.S.T Board;
- Completed Qualifications Questionnaire; _(Select link to the left to open the Qualification Questionnaire)
- Clay County Application must be submitted for all County positions.
- Resume and Cover Letter
The application can be completed by selecting apply now on this page. You will need to upload the Qualifications Questionnaire Answers, Resume, Cover Letter and A legible photocopy of your Minnesota P.O.S.T. License or eligibility letter from Minnesota P.O.S.T Board in the section of the application labeled "Attachments".
** All these materials need to be returned by the application deadline.
- If you are an eligible military veteran and wish to claim Veteran’s Preference, you must present a legible photocopy of your DD214 form to the Office of Human Resources. All veterans who are certified will be considered for appointment.
- Criminal history and/or driver’s license checks will be conducted for all positions within the Law Enforcement and other relevant County positions.
Duties and Essential Functions
The listed examples may not include all the duties performed by all positions in this class.
- Patrol duties enforcing Minnesota criminal and traffic laws;
- Investigation of crimes and incidents;
- Civil process procedures and service;
- Warrant inquiry and transportation of prisoners;
- Providing security for courtrooms and lock-up escorts
Clay County provides all eligible employees these great benefits:
- Paid Vacation Time - 12 days per year (increases with longevity)
- Paid Sick Leave – 12 days per year
- Paid Holidays – 10 per year
- Paid Single Health Insurance Plans
- Paid Single Dental Insurance
- Paid Life Insurance
- County Contribution into the Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA)
Additional benefits offered to eligible Clay County employees:
- Family Health Insurance Plans
- Vision Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance for Spouse
- Life Insurance for Dependents
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Cancer Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Plans
- Deferred Compensation Plans
- Some positions offer remote and flexible work schedules