Department of Motor Vehicles
Location inside Moorhead Center Mall
To Make an Appointment
If you are new Minnesota Citizen you must schedule a Class D Knowledge Test before scheduling an appointment.
Citizens with Title Transfers, DNR transfers, Driver’s License or ID cards Renewals expiring, and applying for Real or Enhanced ID’s, disability Certificates or letters to clear applications already applied for will be served on a first come first serve basis.
Cut-Off times may vary from 2:00 to 4:00, depending on the number of customers waiting.
A drop box is offered for tab renewals and DNR renewals will continued to be available Monday to Friday from 8 AM to 4:30 PM at the DMV entrance for your convenience. We encourage you to drop off renewals to avoid anytime waiting in line
- Whats new
- DNR Registration Consent (PDF)
- DNR Renewal Dropoff (PDF)
- Tab Renewal Drop Off Instructions (PDF)
- Tab Renewal Consent Form (PDF)
- Online Self Services
Moorhead Exam Office is Now Open for Limited Services
1300 15th Ave N
Moorhead, MN 56560
Minnesota Driver's License Testing / Reinstatement
The office is open to limited services
Written knowledge tests and road tests only
Schedule online for a written knowledge test or road exam.
If unable to schedule online call:
(651) 284-1000 or (651) 284-1234
- I mailed my renewal more than 2 weeks ago and have not received them
- How can I take a the Class D Knowledge test? (including Permit testing, Reinstatement testing & new to state testing)
- I lost or need to do a standard renewal without changing my name or address
- What if my driver's license is expiring soon?
- I had a Class D test cancelled and did not receive an email to reschedule
The Auditor is the Deputy Registrar for the county and administers the Motor Vehicle Department. Motor vehicle transactions include license plates, tabs, vehicle transfers,
Driver's licensing includes:
Minnesota Driver and Vehicle Services (DVS)
The Minnesota DVS provides forms, documents, manuals