Clay County Public Health is currently vaccinating individuals in Phase 1a and is contacting those who are eligible for the vaccine. Individuals who are eligible to receive the vaccine will be contacted by their place of work or place of residence, if living in a congregate care facility. Please know that it will take time to move through each priority group in Phase 1a. Because of this, it is unknown when the general public will be able to receive the vaccine. As we move into the next phases, updates will be provided.
Phase 1a includes healthcare personnel, emergency medical services, COVID-19 community vaccinators, COVID-19 testing staff, and long-term care residents. The next priority group is Phase 1b includes frontline essential workers and adults 75 years and older. Phase 1c will follow Phase 1b and includes adults ages 65-74 years, people ages 16 to 64 years with high-risk medical conditions, and other essential workers will be able to get vaccinated. Phases following Phase 1c are being determined.
The general public, including adults over age 65 and individuals with chronic health conditions, do not need to get on a waiting list or make an appointment.
Please be aware of scams regarding vaccinations. Clay County Public Health will never ask for payment for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Please visit the following links for more information:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Information
- Vaccine Administration Data by County
- Minnesota Vaccine Phases and Planning
We can all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. Encourage your friends, family, and neighbors to download the COVIDaware MN app today: covidawaremn.com.
Free COVID-19 Saliva Testing:
Saliva testing is made available through a partnership between the State of Minnesota and Vault Health.
At Home COVID-19 Saliva Testing
- To Order an At Home COVID-19 Test for Minnesota Residents
- For More Information on At Home COVID-19 Tests
COVID-19 Saliva Test Site in Moorhead
Testing is available to Minnesota and North Dakota residents.
Results will be provided via email in approximately 48-72 hours.
Mon-Fri: 12 pm - 7 pm
Sat & Sun: 10 am - 4 pm
Former Thomas Edison Elementary School
1110 S. 14th Street
Moorhead, MN 56560
To schedule an appointment: Click Here
For appointment/test results questions:
Phone: 1-212-880-5494; dial 9 to speak with a live agent
For More Information: https://mn.gov/covid19/for-minnesotans/if-sick/testing-locations/community-testing.jsp
Health System Testing
Area health systems continue to conduct COVID-19 testing for individuals who meet their screening criteria. Individuals who have symptoms of COVID-19 should contact their healthcare provider for guidance prior to going to a clinic or office.
- Essentia Health COVID-19 Hotline 1-833-494-0836 or start an e-visit online at www.essentiahealth.org/COVID-19.
- Sanford Health 701-234-5000 for 'My Sanford Nurse' or start an e-visit online at www.sanfordhealth.org/campaign/covid19-care.
If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please call your healthcare provider. Your provider will determine if you should be tested.
Guidance on COVID-19:
- Close Contacts and Tracing: COVID-19 - Minnesota Dept. of Health (state.mn.us)
- What to Do if You Have COVID-19 (PDF)
- What to do if you are waiting for test results (PDF)
- COVID-19 When to return to work (PDF)
- State and County Level Weekly COVID-19 Report
- Data for K-12 Schools: 14-day COVID-19 Case Rate by County (PDF)
- Tips to Remember Your COVID-19 Contacts
- For Further Guidance from Minnesota Department of Health
- Event Risk Assessment Planning Tool: Use this interactive online tool to estimate the chances that 1 person in a group is COVID-19 positive
For weekly video updates from Clay County Public Health, Click Here
For COVID-19 data in Clay County, Click Here
Red River Valley COVID-19 Task Force
The goal of the Red River Valley COVID-19 Taskforce is the prevention and mitigation of community spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the metro community.
Focus areas of the task force include:
- Implementation of a locally-developed, focused testing strategy
- Dissemination of educational materials and resources
- Providing wrap-around services to support those who are directed to self-isolate after a positive COVID-19 test result
Click Here to visit the official Red River Valley COVID-19 Taskforce webpage and to submit questions and comments.
For the Most Up to Date
651-297-1304 or 1-800-657-3504
Monday - Friday 9:00am - 4:00pm
First Link Local Hotline
Dial 2-1-1 or text your zipcode to 898-211
The Mission of Clay County Public Health is to assure optimal health of all Clay County residents through effective community planning, services, and partnerships.Clay County Public Health has provided services to Clay County residents since 1969.
Our vision is healthy people and healthy communities.
There may be fees for services, but some fees can be adjusted according to the person’s ability to pay. Clay County Public Health is financed through client fees, Clay County tax dollars, State and Federal funding, insurance reimbursements and grants.
Monthly Health Topics Archive
Read our monthly health topics.
Hot Health Topics
Contaminants of Emerging Concern Program
"Through this program, Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) is investigating and communicating the health and exposure potential of contaminants of emerging concern in drinking water. The program supports the Clean Water Fund mission to protect drinking water sources and the MDH mission to protect, maintain, and improve the health of all Minnesotans."