NOTICE OF MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE SALE
DATE: April 18, 2023
YOU ARE NOTIFIED that default has occurred in the conditions of the following described Mortgage:
1. Date of Mortgage: July 2, 2014
2. Mortgagors: Cris Mortensen and Tami Mortensen, husband and wife
3. Mortgagees: Capital Credit Union
4. Recording Information: Recorded on July 3, 2014, as Document Number 735230 in the Office of the County Recorder of Clay County, Minnesota
5. Assignments of Mortgage, if any: N/A
6. Tax parcel identification number of the mortgaged premises: 50.275.0280
7. Legal description of the mortgaged premises:
ALL THAT PART, OF LOT 12, BLOCK 3, GREAT NORTHERN ADD, ALSO KNOWN AS PART OF OUT LOT B-12, LYING SOUTH OF A DIVISION LINE, ALL IN THE CITY OF BARNESVILLE, CLAY COUNTY, MINNESOTA: SAID DIVISION LINE COMMENCES AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF SAID BLOCK 3; THENCE ON AN ASSUMED BEARING OF NORTH 89 DEGREES 52 MINUTES 36 SECONDS WEST ON AND ALONG THE SOUTH LINE OF SAID BLOCK 3 A DISTANCE OF 145 FEET TO SAID SOUTH LINES INTERSECTION WITH THE WEST RIGHT OF WAY LINE OF THE NORTH/SOUTH ALLEY RUNNING THROUGH SAID BLOCK 3; THENCE NORTH 0 DEGREES 18 MINUTES 07 SECONDS WEST ON AND ALONG SAID WEST RIGHT OF WAY LINE A DISTANCE OF 125.73 FEET TO THE POINT OF BEGINNING OG SAID DIVISION LINE; THENCE SAID DIVISION LINE BEARS SOUTH 89 DEGREES 42 MINUTES 11 SECONDS WEST A DISTANCE OF 167.94 FEET TO ITS INTERSECTION WITH THE WESTERLY LINE OF SAID BLOCK 3, AND THERE TERMINATING.
8. The physical street address, city, and zip code of the mortgaged premises: 1451 100th St, Moorhead, MN 56560.
9. The person holding the Mortgage is not a transaction agent, as defined by Minn. Stat. 58.02, subd. 30. The name of the residential mortgage servicer and the lender or broker, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Capital Credit Union
10. If stated on the Mortgage, the name of the mortgage originator, as defined in Minn. Stat. 58.02, is Capital Credit Union.
11. The requisites of Minn. Stat. 580.02 have been satisfied.
12. The original principal amount secured by the Mortgage was $150,000.00.
13. At the date of this notice the amount due on the Mortgage, including taxes, if any, paid by the holder of the Mortgage, is: $89,774.53.
14. Pursuant to the power of sale in the Mortgage, the Mortgage will be foreclosed, and the mortgaged premises will be sold by the Sheriff of Clay County, Minnesota, at public auction on June 13, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. at the Sheriff’s Office, Law Enforcement Center, 911 11th St N, Moorhead, MN 56560.
15. The time allowed by law for redemption by Mortgagor or Mortgagor’s personal representatives or assigns is six (6) months after the date of sale.
16. Minn. Stat. 580.04(b) provides, “If the real estate is an owner-occupied, single-family dwelling, the notice must also specify the date on or before which the mortgagor must vacate the property if the mortgage is not reinstated under section 580.30 or the property redeemed under section 580.23.” If this statute applies, the time to vacate the property is 11:59 p.m. on December 13, 2023.
THE TIME ALLOWED BY LAW FOR REDEMPTION BY THE MORTGAGOR, THE MORTGAGOR’S PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES OR ASSIGNS, MAY BE REDUCED TO FIVE WEEKS IF A JUDICIAL ORDER IS ENTERED UNDER MINNESOTA STATUTES, SECTION 582.032, DETERMINING, AMONG OTHER THINGS, THAT THE MORTGAGED PREMISES ARE IMPROVED WITH A RESIDENTIAL DWELLING OF LESS THAN FIVE UNITS, ARE NOT PROPERTY USED IN AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION, AND ARE ABANDONED.
Name and address of Attorney for Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Caren L. Stanley (MN # 0340480)
VOGEL LAW FIRM
218 NP Ave.
Fargo, ND 58107-1389
Name of Mortgagee or Mortgage Assignee:
Capital Credit Union
204 West Thayer Ave.
Bismarck, ND 58501