Clay County Motor Vehicle Department will offer drop off tab renewal services starting April 14, 2020 from 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday.
You MUST provide the following with your renewal notice; a copy of you current drivers license front and back, your insurance information must be written on your renewal Company, Policy number, and Expiration date. If your address has change you must indicate that on the back of your renewal notice.
Please check that your address is correct, and you have ALL documents asked for be for mailing or dropping off (drop off’s must be enclosed in an envelope). All tabs will be returned via first class U.S. mail (No exceptions will be made).
If you have lost or haven’t received your renewal notice you can provide the following information.
- Your name, address & daytime phone number
- Plate number
- Full VIN number & description (Year, Make & Model)
- A copy of the front and back of your current driver’s license
- Copy of your current insurance information that provides Company, Policy # and Expiration date
- You MUST call the office for your renewal amount before dropping off (218) 299-5080.
Please enclose cash (must be exact, no change given), check (must include daytime phone number), or Money order (no Credit Cards will be taken at this time).
NO RENEWAL NOTICE NO PROBLEM; Click here (PDF)