Have you ever thought about sharing your house with a child who needs a temporary place to call home?
Would you like to be part of a team of professionals working together to protect children, while providing services to enrich their lives?
If you answered YES to the above questions, you may be the special person that we are looking for.
Clay County is looking for individuals interested in providing weekend, short-term and long-term care to children in need. Foster families are provided with financial support for the basic needs of a child such as food, clothing, and other expenses. Health and dental coverage are also provided to each child in care. There is a high demand for homes for children of all ages; including sibling groups as it is important to keep siblings together when being placed outside of their parental home.
Foster Family Requirements:
- Live in Clay County
- Be at least 21 years old, financially stable, and a responsible adult
- Live in a home that meets safety requirements and have appropriate sleeping space
- Complete an application for foster care
- Provide Clay County with three references
- Provide a set of fingerprints to allow a criminal history background check to be completed on all persons over 18 years and background checks on household members who are 13 years or older
- Participate in a home-study that includes interviews with all household members
- Attend 12 hours of ongoing training annually to learn more about related issues
If you are interested in receiving more information about being a foster parent, please contact:
Gail Burnside @ 218-299-7654 or email@example.com
www.claycountymn.gov - search Family Foster Care Licensing
Click Here for a flyer (PDF)