Community Living Independent Programming and Skills (CLIPS)
The Community Living Independent Programming and Skills (CLIPS) program is designed to provide youth with a structured environment with staff support while teaching them the skills and providing them with the resources to successfully integrate into the community.
CLIPS operates under the umbrella of non-secure detention at the West Central Regional Juvenile Center. However, the program is located in a separate area of the facility and is run independently from non-secure detention. The CLIPS area and programming is designed with the notion that the youth served will develop the skills to live more independently once they have graduated from the program. CLIPS offers services for adjudicated delinquent youth ages 16-19 that are transitioning from out-of-home placements to their own living situations.
Referrals are accepted from Probation Services and Social Services. Schooling (high school or GED), employment, independent living and life skills are the key components of this program. Residents who graduate successfully from this demonstrated the ability to hone independent living skills while developing a sense of independence with the help of their onsite case manager and skills worker.
CLIPS Specialized Services Offered
- On-site Case Management
- On-site Skills Worker
- Monthly progress reports from case management to referring agency
- Evening CBT and Skill groups
- On and Off-Site Individualized School Program
- Higher education preparation
- Individual Treatment Case Plans
- Obtain Legal documents (birth certificates, social security cards, state ID)
- Obtain a Drivers Permit
- Daily Physical Recreation (on and off-site)
- Medication Management
- Community Service Work opportunities
- Outdoor Activities within the Community and Surrounding Areas
- Employment Skills and Employment Opportunities (all residents will either volunteer or work)
- Nutrition Education Group (University of MN Extension)
- Grocery budgeting and shopping
- Individual Therapy Sessions with a Licensed Professional