The County Emergency Management Director responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administers a county-wide emergency program in those areas that do not have a local emergency management organization and coordinates the activities of those local jurisdictions that have emergency management organizations
- Assists in training local emergency management personnel
- Coordinates emergency management functions of county governmental units assigned emergency management responsibilities
- Coordinates response to actual disasters/emergencies, the logistics of federal field teams and survey teams, mitigation requests, and disaster assistance centers
- Supervises professional, technical and clerical staff; and performs related work as assigned
Are You Prepared? (PDF) is a free Emergency Guide for Cass and Clay counties. A variety of emergencies including fires, floods and flash flooding, lightning and thunderstorms, tornadoes and downed power lines, heat waves, winter storms and extreme cold, wildfires, blackouts, natural gas and chemical spills are covered. It also explains what residents should include in emergency preparedness kits and developing a personalized emergency plan. Visit Ready.gov for additional information on prepare, plan, stay informed.
Clay County Volunteer Services Needed