Planning & Zoning
2045 Clay County Comprehensive and Transportation Plan
The Board of Commissioners adopted the plan on May 17th, 2022. Please click here to view the plan.
November Board of Adjustment Meeting
The meeting will be held on Tuesday November 21st at 5:30 PM in the 3rd Floor Board Room at the Clay County Courthouse.
The public can attend in person or join the Teams meeting virtually here or by calling 1-651-964-6938 and entering conference ID: 563 975 885#
November Planning Commission Meeting
The meeting will be held on Tuesday November 21st at 7:00 PM in the 3rd Floor Board Room at the Clay County Courthouse.
The public can attend in person or join the Teams meeting virtually here or by calling 1-651-964-6938 and entering conference ID: 311 971 367#
The mission of the Clay County Planning Office is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of county citizens through the development, implementation and administration of appropriate planning, zoning and subdivision regulations which follow applicable state and federal laws and the Clay County Comprehensive Plan.
Planning & Zoning Functions
- Building Requirements / Building Permits
- Conditional Use Permit Information
- Fence Standards
- Floodplain / Floodway Information
- Gravel Tax
- Home Occupation Standards - Rural and Rural Subdivision
- Investigations of Complaints or Violations of Zoning Ordinance
- Lot Requirements
- Parking Lot Standards
- Permitted Use Information
- Shoreland Management Regulations - Lakes and Rivers
- 2021 Shoreland Natural Resources Block Grant (NRBG) All-Detail Report (PDF)
- Site Plan Review of Residences, Garages, Additions, Yard Standards
- Statistical Information Pertaining to Permits
- Subdivision Regulations / Parcel Splits
- Variance (PDF)
- Zoning Map
- Zoning / Rezoning Regulations
- Zoning Ordinance Information