Planning & Zoning
The Planning Commission will meet on Tuesday, February 15th at 7:00 PM in the Clay County Courthouse 3rd Floor Board Room.
Click here for instructions on how to participate virtually.
Clay County to host a public engagement event for the 2045 Clay County Comprehensive and Transportation Plan. All are welcome to learn more about the plan, ask questions and provide input!
When: Tuesday, February 22nd from 6:00-8:00 PM Where: Clay County Courthouse, 3rd Floor Board Room. 807 11th St. N Moorhead, MN 65650.
Clay County seeks your input on the Draft 2045 Clay County Comprehensive and Transportation Plan! Please visit the MetroCOG Webpage for more information.
Planning & Zoning Functions
- Building Requirements / Building Permits
- Conditional Use Permit Information
- Fence Standards
- Floodplain / Floodway Information
- Gravel Tax
- Home Occupation Standards - Rural and Rural Subdivision
- Investigations of Complaints or Violations of Zoning Ordinance
- Lot Requirements
- Parking Lot Standards
- Permitted Use Information
- Shoreland Management Regulations - Lakes and Rivers
- 2013 Shoreland Natural Resources Block Grant (NRBG) All-Detail Report (PDF)
- Site Plan Review of Residences, Garages, Additions, Yard Standards
- Statistical Information Pertaining to Permits
- Subdivision Regulations / Parcel Splits
- Zoning Map
- Zoning / Rezoning Regulations
- Zoning Ordinance Information
- And Variance (PDF)
The mission of the Clay County Planning Office is to promote the public health, safety, and general welfare of county citizens through the development, implementation and administration of appropriate planning, zoning and subdivision regulations which follow applicable state and federal laws and the Clay County Comprehensive Plan.