Clay County Spring Road Restrictions
Clay County falls within two frost zones. The Central Zone is south of Trunk Highway 10. The North-Central Zone is north of Trunk Highway 10.
- Central Zone
- STARTING DATE will be Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
- ENDING DATE will be Wednesday, May 17, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
- North-Central Zone
- STARTING DATE will be Wednesday, March 29, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
- ENDING DATE will be Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
- Clay County Spring Road Restrictions Map (PDF)
All Clay County gravel roads are 5 ton per axle during Spring Restrictions.
*Restrictions can be in place for a maximum of 8 weeks. Watch for updates for restriction end dates.
The Minnesota Department of Transportation’s (MnDOT) website has detailed state load restrictions and much more.
State Road Construction
The MnDOT website has detailed state current construction information including delays and detours, maps, contacts, construction project details and much more.
The MnDOT 511 Traveler Information website has detailed state travel information including road conditions, traffic delays, current problems, road work, traffic cameras and much more.
Winter Road Safety
The MnDOT website has detailed winter road safety information including snowplow safety, black ice, driveway clearing, traffic and road conditions, safe driving tips and much more.